Sometimes you just get a hankerin' for some corn dogs or mac'n'cheese. But ... it's corn dogs and mac'n'cheese, and you're an adult! Yes, it's fine to open up the blue box of cheesy goodness every once in a while, but we're good cooks, and we can do better!
This month's cooking club is Kid's Food Redeux, so find your favorite simple food from yore (or your kids' favorite recipe from now) and dress it up! I'm planning on doing a take on corn dogs, for example, with brats instead and some sort of fried coating. Other ideas might include pop corn, Jello, Kool-aid, Tang, cereal, chicken nuggests, french fries, freezer pops, and of course, mac'n'cheese.
Dressing these up might take some imagination, and I understand I'm late in posting this, so do your best and we'll have a great time even if we have to break out the hot dogs!
FYI, we'll be enjoying dinner outside (like last time) under the canopy (not like last time). I'll provide blankets if it gets cool. Friday night at 7:00. Call me, April, or Serin for an address.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I think I'll do browned butter vanilla bean rice krispy treats.
I am going to make a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich for appetizers. Still deciding between two recipes. See you girls in a few days!
I might try a ramen pad thai. I think I will try it beforehand to see if it is any good.
Martha is bringing dirty Dr Pepper and I'm bringing balsamic popcorn. See you soon!
I am bringing chicken nuggets...sorry for the late notice :) This is Lisa
I am bringing chicken nuggets...sorry for the late notice :) This is Lisa
Post a Comment