Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fondue

Alright Ladies, it has been a while. We thought we could have a little dipping party. Teri and Sarah both have pots, but if someone else has one too, the better. I think we would need at least a cheese and a chocolate. Once we know how many pots, we can decide on who brings dips and who brings the items to dip.

Friday the 19th
Jennie's house

I can come on the 20th!- Sarah 

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Hi, gals! I work Friday evenings till midnight, so I won't be able to make it. Sad! But I do have a few fondue pots that you're welcome to use, if someone wants to stop by and get them. We do fondue for Christmas dinner, so we're prepared :)

If I may suggest, a broth fondue for just vegetables is yummy and very easy - you don't have to do meat. Stock, apple juice, minced garlic, lemon juice... toss in mushrooms, small potatoes, small onions, baby carrots... Serve by themselves or with Green Goddess dip (a la Melting Pot, recipe found online).

I'm SOOO drooling right now! I love fondue - wish I could be there! Let me know if you'd like to pick up the pots.

cdr said...

I'm going to be gone on a business trip. I have a fondue pot as well but I leave tomorrow so I guess it's captive at my house.

I'm bummed to miss this one. Maybe next time.

April said...

Girls, I don't know if this is throwing too much of a monkey wrench in our plans or if this would even change the ability for Charlotte and Miranda to be able to come- but what if we changed to Saturday night? Do you work Sarurday night Miranda? (I can't remember!) Will you be back from your business trip Charlotte? I know we would LOVE to see you girls! Friday or Saturday both work great for me.

April said...

I spoke with everyone and we are moving to Saturday night at 7. Everyone wanted an assignment so here they are::
Miranda- broth and green goddess dip
Lisa- things for dipping in the broth (call Miranda, because I have no idea!)

Teri- cheese fondue
Jennie- things to dip in the cheese:: bread, veggies, tart apples, etc

Sarah- chocolate fondue
April- fruit
Serin- angel food cake, pretzels, marshmallows,etc.

I hope that is clear. I am so excited for Saturday!!

Miranda said...

Yay! So excited to be able to make this one!

Teri, I had a couple of thoughts. There are lots of cheese fondue recipes online, but you don't have to go out and get the really expensive cheeses. Getting the pre-shredded cheese also allows you to avoid having to add flour or another stabilizer. I can bring extra broth, if you use a recipe that calls for it.

Lisa - I'll call ya soon!

K, I'm done with the advice column :P I'm so excited!