Thursday, May 26, 2011

Veg

Ok here's the deal. We are scheduled or chose next week for the next one. I took it off April's hands because hosting is much better for her next month. Then I forgot I had told her I would take it. And for once in my life I feel like I have had a lot of girls' nights lately. So I ask you, is it too early? I'm not saying I can get enough, I am totally willing to have it this next week. But it seems we just had it. Do we stick with next Friday and not get off schedule? If so than I guess I better choose something.

I have a meat husband. No, not like a hunk, but he could eat meat, almost strictly with maybe some rolls, for every meal. It was an interesting lesson for us in India, a country that is predominantly vegetarian. Everything was veg or non veg, as they called it, and labeled as such (read more on my blog post here, and for source and explanation of the above picture). I didn't learn as much as I would have liked on how to eat deliciously on such a diet. So I come to you. Bring me your favorite dishes that don't include meat. I guess I am looking more for main dishes, because really, obviously I could eat salads etc.(which I love and can't wait until the lettuce comes in the garden as we eat a lot of it in the summer), but I have a hard time coming up with meals when I feel like we are meated out and need some ideas.

I also propose as this is a cooking club, that if you love what you are bringing and want to share it more than this one time with us, please bring a copy of your recipe!

My house, Friday, 7 pm.

Jennie: rolls and dessert.
April: Black Bean Salad


No comments: