Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pizza Night

I thought it might be fun to have a pizza theme. So, you know, pizza of all kinds- fruit pizza, dessert pizza, salad pizza (is that even real?! I don't know, make it up!) pizza of all varieties or anything you think might go well with pizza.

So it will be Saturday, June 20th at my house at 7pm. Please sign up for what you would like to make/bring and let us know by the Wednesday before so we can plan! Thanks, see you all soon.

April- BBQ Chicken Pizza on a multi-grain crust

Barbeque Chicken Pizza
April - Fruit Pizza
Fruit Pizza
Rachel - Pear and Gorgonzola salad pizza
Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza
Crust: Proof 1 tsp yeast in 1/2 cup warm water with a teaspoon of sugar. Add to a bowl of 1 cup bread flour plus a tablespoon of olive oil. Do your stir/knead thing, adding flour or water as needed to get a smooth loaf. Leave to rise all afternoon in an oiled bowl, punching down occasionally.

For pizza: Spread on rolled out crust-

  • shredded fontina
  • sliced ripe pear
  • caramelized onions
  • chopped hazelnuts
  • blue cheese crumbles
  • top wit more fontina
Bake at 500 degrees until the crust browns. Top the pizza with field greens that have been tossed in ranch dressing with blue cheese and serve immediately.

Sarah - Tricolore


Tricolore Pizza

Miranda - Sour Pig Pizza


Sour Pig Pizza

Serin- Dessert

Snickers Pizza
Ingredients:
1 roll (18 oz size) sugar cookie refrigerated dough
6 candy bars, chopped into chunks (I used snickers)
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup fudge ice cream topping

Directions:
Press cookie dough into lightly sprayed pizza pan. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Drizzle with ice cream toppings. Bake at 400F for 13 - 15 minutes or cookie dough is done. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Candy bars such as chocolate covered caramel and/or nougat bars work best as they get gooey but don't melt completely.

Diana - Drink

Drink

4 comments:

Miranda said...

I can't believe you beat me to the pear and gorgonzola Rachel. :) Also, I'm very excited about this one. Good choice April.

Christy said...

I am sorry I will miss it... I will be in Utah... Have fun!

chitarita said...

Sorry ladies - I´ll still be gone, so I can´t make this one, either. Hopefully in July I´ll get to see you all again.

Enjoy the pizza making, and I´ll be looking forward to the recipes!

Miranda said...

Thanks for letting me come and for sharing your talent and time! I had a great time.
~Miranda2