Saturday, January 31, 2009

Breakfast at Sarah's

If we can't sneak away to a Bed and Breakfast we can at least feel like we did after our delicacies!
February 28th 7pm, Sarah's house.















Sarah- Stuffed, french toasted croissants w/ buttermilk syrup
Slice croissants in half almost all the way so they don't fall apart as you cook them. Spread cream cheese on bottom half and then one layer of strawberry slices. Close. Dip lightly in egg batter ( the kind you would use for french toast) on one side and then the other. I don't let it get all over the edges because they don't cook very well. Cook until golden brown on each side on medium heat.
Buttermilk Syrup
1/2 C Butter
1 C sugar
3/4 C Buttermilk ( I use the fattest, regular milk I have usually)
1 t Vanilla
1/2 t Baking soda
Combine all ingredients except bk. soda in sauce pan over low heat until almost bubbling. Remove from heat. Add baking soda, stirring constantly. It will rise fast and big so be ready! Serve hot.
Amanda and Rachel - crepes
April - Orange julius
Christy- potatoes of some kind
3-4 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1/2 lb breakfast sausage
garlic
Italian seasoning (or other seasonings to taste)

Cook the sausage in a medium size pan. Remove sausage from pan, leave in grease. Add potatoes and cover, stir occasionally until potatoes are soft. Stir back in sausage and add seasonings to taste.

Serin - Sausage & Egg Baked Muffins
1/2 pound pork sausage -- mild
3 tablespoons diced onion
8 eggs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Spray cooking spray into a 12 count muffin pan. Cook sausage and onion in frying pan, breaking sausage into very small pieces. Pour into large bowl. Add eggs and cheese, mixing well with fork. Spoon mixture into sprayed muffin pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 or 25 minutes. My oven gets very hot and takes about 20 minutes.when golden brown all around, should be done. These are delicious for breakfast or snacks. They can be stored in fridge and heated in microwave as needed. If no muffin pan is available, you may cook the mixture in two cake pans and just slice it when done. Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Miranda - Christmas Morning Frittata

8 comments:

April said...

I can't decide between cinnamon rolls and orange julius, so I might just bring both!!

Christy said...

Okay, so I have an idea for dessert... but I don't think it is really "breakfast" (although I might eat it for breakfast if I am in the right mood...) Would that be a huge problem? I promise it is good.

April said...

I love dessert anytime of the night or day....

Serin said...

April, I vote Orange Julius since we don't have a drink. Plus we already have crepes and Sarah's sweet french toast thingie. Which leads me to Christy... Normally I'm all for dessert, but maybe that's just too much sweet stuff in one night? Of course, I'm not the boss, Miranda is. Or Sarah, but not me. ;)

I did take the liberty of signing us all up for emails alerts whenever somebody posts OR comments. So if you don't want the emails let me know (we don't get alerts with edits, though)

Miranda said...

Thanks for the email addition Serin. I've never refused dessert and don't plan on it, but I'm not the boss of this cooking club month.

Christy said...

I had thought about there being too much sweet Serin, so if people don't want a dessert too I can bring something else... I not one to turn down a dessert either, so I signed up to bring it.

April said...

I am no longer bringing cinnamon rolls only the orange julius. Go for the dessert Christy!!

Christy said...

ok... i gave in and changed my mind. I will now be bringing something in the potato variety... (I was going to bring home made bread but my poor mixer finally kicked the bucket, and with two sick kids I don't want to try all work by hand.)