After attending a few holiday parties and being so impressed by the excellent finger foods people provided I've decided to make January's theme APPETIZERS! Who hasn't totally stuffed themselves with appetizers and loved it? (okay if you haven't ever filled up on appetizers then you're out of the club...no joke).
We will meet on January 10th at 7:00 PM, my house. It would be great to have a mix of savory and sweet so we don't feel like we missed out on dessert. As always, first come first serve, fill in what you're bringing at least two days before we meet. Please post regrets also.
Miranda:
CRANBERRY MEATBALLS
(Recipe via: Morgan Moore)
2 eggs, beaten
1 c dry bread crumbs
1/3 c minced fresh parsley
1/3 c ketchup
2 T finely chopped onion
2 T soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 lbs. ground beef
SAUCE:
1 can (16 oz) whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 bottle (12 oz) chili sauce
1 T brown sugar
1 T prepared mustard
1 T lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
Sarah:
PEAR SALAD
Sarah:
CHEESE BOWL
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 C Salsa
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
Mix all together and put inside carved out bread bowl. Replace lid. Double wrap in foil and cook in 400 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours. Serve with bread pieces or tortilla chips.
2 comments:
Okay, so I am not sure who actually reads these comments, but I thought it might be fun to do a fondue dinner night. (Like The Melting Pot, or La Fondue...) Just thought I would put it out there, besides, I am sure several people have received fondue sets for what ever reason, and this would give an excuse to use them.
I love it Christy!
Post a Comment